Jacobson strives for excellence not only in craftsmanship but also in occupational safety and health. Our proactive program fosters a work environment where safety comes first and is an integral part of operating procedures. Jacobson collaborates with vendors, subcontractors, and clients to engender a safe and productive environment from start to finish. Jacobson recognizes that in order for a safety program to be truly effective, participation on all levels is imperative; all tiers of management and field representatives are involved in creating and pursuing a workplace free from occupational hazards and injury. Each and every one of us at Jacobson is a Piece of the Puzzle.
Components of Jacobson’s safety program include:
- New hire orientation
- Weekly tool-box-talks
- Quarterly Safety Committee meetings comprised of trade representatives, Safety Manager, Superintendents, and the Executive Vice President
- Company-wide equipment inspections
- Scaffold tag daily inspection program
- Cordless tools (fewer trip hazards)
- We never use stilts
- Third party, company-wide fall arrest equipment inspections
- Safety audits by outside loss control representatives
- Site Safety audits using iAuditor
- Site specific health and safety plans
- Safety-based reward programs (Foreman incentives, individual awards & quarterly raffles)
- Local Law 196 employee training and certification (OSHA 30, 10 & more)
Our program is supervised by our Executive Vice President, Patrick Oates, and our Safety Manager, Cailey Meagher.